Camp Sokol Troja has been in operation since the 1960s. It is therefore a camp with a long history and one of the oldest autocamps in Central and Eastern Europe.
The whole area is surrounded by tall trees and is divided into sections by natural hedges and groups of shrubs and trees. Under the trees you will find currently so sought-after natural shade with benches to sit and rest.
The camping is located in a quiet part of the residential area Troja and is very close to the city center. You can go to the center on foot, by bike or use public transport. According to our awareness/knowledge, it is a campsite and autocamp closest to the city center.
The whole campsite is fenced.
Camp Sokol Troja – as the name suggests – belongs to the Sokol Troja sports club, Prague 7. The current operator operates the campsite from season 2019 on the basis of a valid contract with TJ Sokol Troja.
In the lower part of Troja (in the Prague-Troja district) there is the Troja Château, Prague Zoo and Prague Botanical Garden. There is a ferry across the Vltava from Troja to Císařský ostrov, from where you can go to park Stromovka. The southern part of the Bohnice housing estate reaches the upper part of Troja (Prague 8). There is also the natural monument Velká skála in the northern part of Troja. At the top of the vineyard above the Troja Castle stands the dominant feature of Troja – a Baroque chapel of St. Clare.
The camp is top equipped for tents, campers and caravans.
In 2019, new showers and toilets were built, including barrier-free access.
The caravan service includes electricity connections, a place for draining used water from caravan tanks, a water connection for tanking water and a place for draining chemical WC.
The whole area of the camp is covered with Wi-Fi signal for internet connection.
All these services are unlimited for guests of the camp and their use is included in the price.
The reception provides guest accommodation. Payments for accommodation can be made by card or in cash.
You can buy here tickets for public transport and maps of Prague as well.
We speak English, German and Russian.
How to get here
We are located near the exit of the tunnel complex Blanka, exit Troja, Holešovice.
From the north, follow the D8 motorway to the exit in front of the Barikádníků bridge and turn right towards Blanka Tunnel, but in front of it turn right to Troja.
Our closest neighborhood
- Prague Zoo is located about 600 m from our camp. It is one of the most beautiful zoos in Europe.
- Prague Botanical Garden is located about 800 m from our camp and it is an unjustly neglected pearl of our cultural and social life. In addition to the thousands of plant species of all continents, the Botanical Garden in Prague is one of the most important butterfly breeders in the world.
- Troja Chateau: (600 m) A beautiful garden and fairy-tale interiors enthrall laypersons and nature and art connoisseurs.
- Troja Water Canal: (400 m) The artificially constructed slalom canal on the Vltava river is a regular venue for international races and a place for year-round training of wild water lovers.
- Bike path: There is a leisure cycle path between the camp and the Vltava river. In the northern direction, you can reach this route along the river to Kralupy nad Vltavou. The southern part of the cycle path divides to the center and to Prague 9.